Healthcare Assistant - Enniscorthy
Ranked 2nd on the Irish Independent “Best Employer” list 2022 and the highest-ranking charity organisation.
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) was founded in 1960 by a small group of wheelchair users committed to improving the lives of people with physical disabilities in Ireland and has since, gone on to become an important provider of quality services to people with limited mobility throughout the country.
Today, our association is made up of a vibrant network of 20,000 members and 2,300 staff, as well as many dedicated volunteers. We advocate for the needs of people with physical disabilities and provide services and support to all our members in their homes and communities throughout Ireland every year.
We would like to invite applications from committed and caring Healthcare assistants (Personal Assistants) who are interested in joining our team in the below locations in Co. Wexford;
The position on offer is part time or full time, depending on your availability.
Full availability required to include mornings, afternoons, evenings and every 2nd weekend
Overall Purpose of Job
-The purpose of the role is to enable the Service User to achieve maximum independence in all aspects of daily living, by providing assistance in one or more of the following areas: personal care, domestic assistance, social and educational assistance, travel and companionship.
-Role takes place in the homes and communities of our Service Users.
-There are several key relationships, which should be fostered and developed for the successful implementation of this role. Liaise and coordinate with other identified Home carers as required and maintain close communication with the ALS Coordinator / Scheduling staff
Training and Qualifications, required
· Minimum of 5 modules completed of the Major Award at QQI Level 5 in either Community & Health Services, Health Service Skills or Healthcare Support or other relevant qualification and a commitment to complete the major award.
· Experience of working with people in a caring role (essential)
· Be reliable, trustworthy, and always maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a good level of spoken and written English
· Access to your own car (essential).
· Person centred approach
· An ability to build strong relationships
· Strong customer service focus
· Flexible approach to work
· High level of confidentiality
· Communicating and Influencing
· Motivating and Empowering
· Planning and Organising
· Quality and Customer Focus and Accountability
Remuneration & Benefit
What we Offer
- Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 per hour depending on experience
- Premium rates paid for unsociable hours
Before 8am an after 8 pm x 1.25
Sunday x 1.5
Public Holidays x 2
· Paid inter-client mileage
· Sick pay scheme
· Maternity and paternity pay scheme
· Excellent working conditions
· Holiday pay at a rate of 8% of hours worked.
· PRSA Pension scheme available
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· A commitment to the on-going training and development of all employees
IWA is committed to continuing to be an equal Opportunities employer
Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.