HOMECARE ASSISTANT - DUBLIN SOUTH
IRISH WHEELCHAIR ASSOCIATION
Ranked 5th on the Sunday Independent “Best Employer” list 2021 and the highest-ranking charity organisation.
We would like to invite applications for the following Full-Time position covering the Dublin South area
Home Care Assistant
Monday to Friday Shift Work
This role will operate on the following shift pattern
· Week on Thu-Sat 17:00-overnight
· Week off, Mon-Wed 17:00-overnight
· Must have overnight availability
· Must have driving license
35 hours guaranteed
Overall Purpose of Job
The purpose of the role is to enable the Service User to achieve maximum independence in all aspects of daily living, by providing assistance in one or more of the following areas: personal care, domestic assistance, social and educational assistance, travel and companionship. The role takes place in the homes and communities of our Service Users
Training and Qualifications, required
· Major Award at QQI Level 5 in either Community & Health Services, Health Service Skills or Healthcare Support or other relevant qualification.
· Experience of working with people in a caring role is essential
· Be reliable, trustworthy, and always maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a good level of spoken and written English
· Full Drivers Licence and access to your own car is essential.
· Person centred approach
· An ability to build strong relationships
· Strong customer service focus
· Flexible approach to work
· High level of confidentiality
· Communicating and Influencing
· Motivating and Empowering
· Planning and Organising
· Quality and Customer Focus and Accountability
Remuneration & Benefits
What we Offer
- Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 depending on experience
- Premium rates paid for unsociable hours
Before 8am an after 8 pm €17.78 per hour
Sunday €21.34 per hour
Public Holidays €28.46 per hour
· Paid inter-client mileage
· Excellent working conditions
· Holiday pay at a rate of 8% of hours worked.
· PRSA Pension scheme available
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· A commitment to the on-going training and development of all employees
IWA is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please note this position requires that you have received at least one dose of a Covid19 vaccine and be willing to receive the second dose.
Please note - ACADEMIC AND/OR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:- Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) may/will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.