Homecare Assistant - Cooley
Irish Wheelchair Association
5th on the Irish Independent “Best
Employer” list 2021 and the highest-ranking charity organisation.
We are seeking applications from committed and caring Homecare
assistants who are interested in joining us in the following area
Cooley, Dundalk, Co Louth
The position on offer is a minimum of 20 hours per week with
relief shifts available and the opportunity to build your schedule, based on
your availability- you would need to have full availability of mornings, evenings and every 2nd weekend.
What we Offer
- Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 depending on experience
- Premium rates paid for unsociable hours
Before 8am an after 8 pm €17.78 per hour
Sunday €21.34 per hour
Public Holidays €28.46 per hour
Inter-client mileage paid
Sick pay scheme
Excellent working conditions
Training & development opportunities
VHI, HSF and PRSA schemes available
Employee Assistance Programme
What we Require:
- Minimum 5 modules completed at QQI Level 5 in a Health care
- discipline and a commitment to complete the major award.
- Experience in a caring environment preferable
- Kind and Caring attitude
- Person Centred approach
- Use of your own smart phone to check in and out of your visits is
- Availability for flexible hours including mornings, evenings and
- weekends on a rota basis
- Full Driving License and access to vehicle is a must.
IWA is committed to continuing to be an equal Opportunities employer
Please note this position requires that you have received at least one dose of a Covid19 vaccine and be willing to receive the second dose.
Please note - ACADEMIC AND/OR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:- Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) may/will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.