Healthcare Assistant - North Kildare
Ranked 2nd on the Irish Independent “Best Employer” list 2022 and the highest-ranking charity organisation.
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) was founded in 1960 by a small group of wheelchair users committed to improving the lives of people with physical disabilities in Ireland and has since, gone on to become an important provider of quality services to people with limited mobility throughout the country.
Today, our association is made up of a vibrant network of 20,000 members and 2,300 staff, as well as many dedicated volunteers. We advocate for the needs of people with physical disabilities and provide services and support to all our members in their homes and communities throughout Ireland every year.
We are seeking applications from committed and caring Healthcare Assistants / Personal Assistants who are interested in joining our team in the below locations in North Kildare;
Celbridge, Leixlip and Maynooth
The position on offer is permanent part-time or full-time, depending on your availability.
What we Offer
- Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 per hour depending on experience
- Premium rates paid for unsociable hours
Before 8am and after 8pm - €17.78 p/h
Sunday - €21.34 p/h
Public Holidays - €28.46 p/h
- Inter-client mileage paid
- Sick pay scheme
- Maternity and paternity pay scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Ongoing Training & development opportunities
- VHI, HSF and PRSA schemes available
- Employee Assistance Programme
What we Require:
- Minimum 5 modules completed at QQI Level 5 in Health care discipline and a commitment to complete the major award (essential)
- Access to vehicle (preferred)
- Experience in a caring environment preferable but not essential
- Kind and Caring attitude
- Person Centred approach
- Use of your own smart phone to check in and out of your visits is essential
- Needs to live within 30 minutes of the above locations
IWA is committed to continuing to be an equal Opportunities employer
Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.